Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 15 players released
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


15 players released

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 22 October 2011
Status: Offline
Points: 2462
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 15 players released
    Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:25pm
Maybe they've done a deal like they did with moora,  LOL151 years of history game  against the oz Wink
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 26 March 2005
Status: Online
Points: 1849
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:21pm
Wonder what length of contract he was under with us? If under contract we could have received some financial compensation from the ARFU.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21736
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I did wonder if we would have any announcements this week.
Maybe lobby your local Welsh Assembly Member to unblock the approval process for the pro clubs to get the financing “agreed” by the folk that didn’t really have the power to agree them, without the approval of the WAG. Why weren’t they involved in the latter stages of the process.

While politicians often promise the undeliverable, there’s no reason for your union to do the same….Ouch
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21736
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Came with a big reputation. I was expecting to see an improvement in our volume of injuries the way he was talked up but sadly that didn't materialise. 
Agreed, our injury list and recovery times didn’t seem to be any better than other clubs, which iirc was one of the reasons for him being appointed and for us being able to cope with a smaller squad that got more games out of players.

Whoever comes in, please bring a magic wand as well as great expertise.
Who’s to say there wouldn’t have been more injury unavailability if we hadn’t recruited him, or that there would’ve been less if we’d brought in someone else? He is very experienced at a high level in both rugby and rugby league so obviously knows his stuff. All any club can do is try to appoint someone who is qualified, keeps up to date with the latest evidence, and who comes with a good track record. Raw numbers in a game like rugby often don’t tell the full picture. 
Very true indeed, Mugwuffin.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 11 May 2023 at 12:12pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group


Joined: 26 January 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 8811
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:32am
I did wonder if we would have any announcements this week.
Back to Top
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 24 July 2010
Location: Llanelli
Status: Online
Points: 7051
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Came with a big reputation. I was expecting to see an improvement in our volume of injuries the way he was talked up but sadly that didn't materialise. 
Agreed, our injury list and recovery times didn’t seem to be any better than other clubs, which iirc was one of the reasons for him being appointed and for us being able to cope with a smaller squad that got more games out of players.

Whoever comes in, please bring a magic wand as well as great expertise.
Who’s to say there wouldn’t have been more injury unavailability if we hadn’t recruited him, or that there would’ve been less if we’d brought in someone else? He is very experienced at a high level in both rugby and rugby league so obviously knows his stuff. All any club can do is try to appoint someone who is qualified, keeps up to date with the latest evidence, and who comes with a good track record. Raw numbers in a game like rugby often don’t tell the full picture. 
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21736
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 10:41am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

[QUOTE=Fscarlet]Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 

This is a big one, I think. I think the guy's a real task master who has been very vocal.

Going to need someone to come in and plan pre-season.
[/QUOT

Came with a big reputation. I was expecting to see an improvement in our volume of injuries the way he was talked up but sadly that didn't materialise. 
Agreed, our injury list and recovery times didn’t seem to be any better than other clubs, which iirc was one of the reasons for him being appointed and for us being able to cope with a smaller squad that got more games out of players.

Whoever comes in, please bring a magic wand as well as great expertise.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 24 July 2010
Location: Llanelli
Status: Online
Points: 7051
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:52am
It’s a shame to see him go. He seemed a real energiser and obviously knows his stuff. 
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 18588
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:31am
Originally posted by pillory pillory wrote:

[QUOTE=Fscarlet]Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 

This is a big one, I think. I think the guy's a real task master who has been very vocal.

Going to need someone to come in and plan pre-season.
[/QUOT

Came with a big reputation. I was expecting to see an improvement in our volume of injuries the way he was talked up but sadly that didn't materialise. 
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Wwwww mince

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 23752
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:22am
At least it won’t be a jobs for the boys role. 
Back to Top
pillory View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 17 September 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 508
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 

This is a big one, I think. I think the guy's a real task master who has been very vocal.

Going to need someone to come in and plan pre-season.
Back to Top
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group


Joined: 26 January 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 8811
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:32am
Nigel Ashley Jones is leaving the Scarlets to join up with the Australian coaching team ahead of the world cup. 
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 21736
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by Formerly Pemberton Formerly Pemberton wrote:

By this stage of rhe year I would like to think the management would have already signed a tight head target especially as Dwayne has stated publically since prior to Christmas that his priority was to bolster the pack. So it probably means there's no money left for a high profile late addition to the squad. Unless the W.R.U are fully funding his deal when we would be daft not to take him.
You know that there was a recruiting freeze and massive money issues, which still haven’t been resolved right?
That might have been filed under the nearest carpet at HQ, possibly in the « It’s not my fault » pile rather than actually sorting it out and making things happen..
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 April 2008
Location: Sunny Pembs
Status: Offline
Points: 17438
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:38am
Originally posted by Formerly Pemberton Formerly Pemberton wrote:

By this stage of rhe year I would like to think the management would have already signed a tight head target especially as Dwayne has stated publically since prior to Christmas that his priority was to bolster the pack. So it probably means there's no money left for a high profile late addition to the squad. Unless the W.R.U are fully funding his deal when we would be daft not to take him.
You know that there was a recruiting freeze and massive money issues, which still haven’t been resolved right?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Back to Top
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 12 July 2011
Location: Hertfordshire
Status: Offline
Points: 4225
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:55pm
There is quite a few good Tight heads in the U18’s and just moved up. The problem is locks. There is one good lock but he’s about 6ft 5” after that it’s thin on the ground. This obviously does affect the front rows no matter how good they are.
Watched the Scarlets v Ospreys u17 last Wednesday a squad game the O’s were big and looked very well drilled. We however looked underpowered but won. Very pacey scrum held well and we were very quick round the park
Back to Top
Realwest View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 28 August 2015
Location: Milford Haven
Status: Offline
Points: 814
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2023 at 9:11pm
Having never played in the Front row I don’t fully understand what’s going on in Scrums half the time, could any of the front row union explain if our young tight heads are any good at scrummaging.

I know a lot comes into it  (age , the pack behind you and the refs interpretation) 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.