Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Huw Edwards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Huw Edwards

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 18591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huw Edwards
    Posted: 14 July 2023 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I think we should take the earlier advice of a poster & park this until the full facts are known. Inaccuracies are being shared by fellow posters which are not helpful. Huw has been suspended on full pay pending an internal investigation - thats it. 

Personally I find it very sad hearing fellow posters taking the moral high ground on this issue but thats just my slant on it. On a lighter note I sold Huw a book online a year or so ago. Seeing an address in London combined with the fact that it was a book in Welsh I put two and two together and sent him an e-mail thanking him and wondering if he was the famous Huw Edwards. I received a lovely reply in Welsh.
No one is taking the moral high ground, the BBC has reported he has resigned and the people in charge of the BBC and said his actions have not been good for the organisation.
I commented on the fact his actions would have a devastating effect on his wife and children. It’s easy to feel sorry for him but for me as usual it is the family left behind that suffers most. 
He might be the nicest bloke in the world and may have not done anything illegal but he has certainly brought a whole lot of angst to his family. That is not taking the moral high ground.
As for asking, and I know it wasn’t you, about if you’ve suffered from mental health what a ridiculous question. At some time in life we all suffer from mental health problems it’s addressing those problems that is the key and how they are managed. 
It’s a very sad episode and no one wins but unfortunately the British people seem to be quick to put people on a pedestal but then revel in seeing them fall off that same pedestal. 





Thumbs Up

On the subject of resigning this probably explains the confusion-

Raworth was revealing Edwards's identity as the man accused of paying a teenager for explicit photos when she then said he had also resigned. Sources subsequently made it clear that Edwards, 61, had not resigned and Raworth was quick to clarify the mistake to viewers shortly afterwards.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 8667
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2023 at 10:50am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I think we should take the earlier advice of a poster & park this until the full facts are known. Inaccuracies are being shared by fellow posters which are not helpful. Huw has been suspended on full pay pending an internal investigation - thats it. 

Personally I find it very sad hearing fellow posters taking the moral high ground on this issue but thats just my slant on it. On a lighter note I sold Huw a book online a year or so ago. Seeing an address in London combined with the fact that it was a book in Welsh I put two and two together and sent him an e-mail thanking him and wondering if he was the famous Huw Edwards. I received a lovely reply in Welsh.
No one is taking the moral high ground, the BBC has reported he has resigned and the people in charge of the BBC and said his actions have not been good for the organisation.
I commented on the fact his actions would have a devastating effect on his wife and children. It’s easy to feel sorry for him but for me as usual it is the family left behind that suffers most. 
He might be the nicest bloke in the world and may have not done anything illegal but he has certainly brought a whole lot of angst to his family. That is not taking the moral high ground.
As for asking, and I know it wasn’t you, about if you’ve suffered from mental health what a ridiculous question. At some time in life we all suffer from mental health problems it’s addressing those problems that is the key and how they are managed. 
It’s a very sad episode and no one wins but unfortunately the British people seem to be quick to put people on a pedestal but then revel in seeing them fall off that same pedestal. 




She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 18113
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2023 at 10:03am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

You don't seem very sorry to me , especially as you don't have all of the facts ....probably would have been a better option if you had kept your powder dry until all of the facts are available ....
Well he did resign so there is some truth in it otherwise he would still be reading the news. 
Not sure if he has resigned. In hospital with Mental Health issues. Let's not judge too quickly.

Exactly...we don't know whether he has been unwise or not. .we don't have the facts !
There is clearly no illegality, so its an issue for the BBC  Huw's employers, and his family, as I said in yesterdays post.

The important issue here is the role of the Sun, and its recurring role of 'Muckraker' in chief, as it has constantly done for decades.
How many lives have they ruined in the past with their version of "fake news"

It would be great to hear posters like MINDED and RR  actually condemn the Sun , not just pontificate on the alleged actions of Huw Edwards.
Have you suffered mental health gentlemen? Probably not !
i haven’t suffered mental health issues thankfully  I don’t read the sun. I’m not pontificating on huw. His personal life is his own affair. I don’t condemn him if he has done these things neither do i feel sorry for him if he has done them.  My view is quite simple grown adults are free to make their own choices in life as long as they are not illegal it’s no one elses business but we ate all responsible for own choices in life and we all have to live with the consequences of them. People slate the sun and i think it’s a rag but we hace freedom of choice in the uk if people didn’t want to buy it would go bust, we can’t ban things we don’t like it’s called freedom of speech

Edited by RR1972 - 14 July 2023 at 10:08am
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 26811
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2023 at 7:32am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

You don't seem very sorry to me , especially as you don't have all of the facts ....probably would have been a better option if you had kept your powder dry until all of the facts are available ....
Well he did resign so there is some truth in it otherwise he would still be reading the news. 
Not sure if he has resigned. In hospital with Mental Health issues. Let's not judge too quickly.

Exactly...we don't know whether he has been unwise or not. .we don't have the facts !
There is clearly no illegality, so its an issue for the BBC  Huw's employers, and his family, as I said in yesterdays post.

The important issue here is the role of the Sun, and its recurring role of 'Muckraker' in chief, as it has constantly done for decades.
How many lives have they ruined in the past with their version of "fake news"

It would be great to hear posters like MINDED and RR  actually condemn the Sun , not just pontificate on the alleged actions of Huw Edwards.
Have you suffered mental health gentlemen? Probably not !
Scarletpimp i like and respect your contributions on the forum but on this occasion i think you are wrong for calling out Minded and RR on the forum by asking if they have had mental issues surely in your defence of Huw and the need for his business to remain his business surely they deserve the same respect and i don't think anyone on the forum likes the SUN but if they do just because you detest it they are entitled to their opinion on this open forum.
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 18591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2023 at 7:13am
I think we should take the earlier advice of a poster & park this until the full facts are known. Inaccuracies are being shared by fellow posters which are not helpful. Huw has been suspended on full pay pending an internal investigation - thats it. 

Personally I find it very sad hearing fellow posters taking the moral high ground on this issue but thats just my slant on it. On a lighter note I sold Huw a book online a year or so ago. Seeing an address in London combined with the fact that it was a book in Welsh I put two and two together and sent him an e-mail thanking him and wondering if he was the famous Huw Edwards. I received a lovely reply in Welsh.
Back to Top
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 November 2015
Location: llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 2481
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

You don't seem very sorry to me , especially as you don't have all of the facts ....probably would have been a better option if you had kept your powder dry until all of the facts are available ....
Well he did resign so there is some truth in it otherwise he would still be reading the news. 
Not sure if he has resigned. In hospital with Mental Health issues. Let's not judge too quickly.

Exactly...we don't know whether he has been unwise or not. .we don't have the facts !
There is clearly no illegality, so its an issue for the BBC  Huw's employers, and his family, as I said in yesterdays post.

The important issue here is the role of the Sun, and its recurring role of 'Muckraker' in chief, as it has constantly done for decades.
How many lives have they ruined in the past with their version of "fake news"

It would be great to hear posters like MINDED and RR  actually condemn the Sun , not just pontificate on the alleged actions of Huw Edwards.
Have you suffered mental health gentlemen? Probably not !
I stood yer on tanner bank
Back to Top
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 26 March 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 1849
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

You don't seem very sorry to me , especially as you don't have all of the facts ....probably would have been a better option if you had kept your powder dry until all of the facts are available ....
Well he did resign so there is some truth in it otherwise he would still be reading the news. 
Not sure if he has resigned. In hospital with Mental Health issues. Let's not judge too quickly.
Back to Top
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 8667
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

You don't seem very sorry to me , especially as you don't have all of the facts ....probably would have been a better option if you had kept your powder dry until all of the facts are available ....
Well he did resign so there is some truth in it otherwise he would still be reading the news. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Back to Top
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 19 September 2022
Location: North pole
Status: Offline
Points: 3959
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 5:21pm
You don't seem very sorry to me , especially as you don't have all of the facts ....probably would have been a better option if you had kept your powder dry until all of the facts are available ....
Back to Top
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 August 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 8667
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 4:40pm
Whilst I have some sympathy for Huw Edwards  he has let his wife and children down. He has courted young people for sexual favours whether that be in person or on video for want of a better phrase and been caught.
He did not think about his family when he was doing this he did not care about the damage he was doing to them. He’s been very selfish and they now have to deal with the fallout.
I’m sorry he has mental health issues and hope he gets better soon but as great a broadcaster he is now tainted by his tardy and unseemly behaviour. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Back to Top
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Pembs
Status: Online
Points: 50782
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Huw has been quite open about his struggles with his own mental health. He's done so to publicise what can be a stigmatised condition, and discussed his own issues with a view to helping others. He's worn his heart on his sleeve on this one, for which I admire him.

He has also been prepared to back his words with action and is a Patron of the Llanelli branch of MIND, the mental health charity. 

Now that he needs help, I think he deserves sympathy and the time to get the treatment that he clearly needs at the present time. I also have so much sympathy for others who have been dragged in to this, including his wife and family.

If the Sun were so incensed about a 'crime' having been committed, I think the correct course of action would have been to pass any information and evidence to the Police and let them investigate. The Sun are not the judge and jury on this or any other case. Sadly this sort of story sells copy.



Sums it up very well.

The Sun’s original headline ( A leading BBC employee paid for and received pornographic images of a person under the age of 18 by mobile phone) is actually against the law in the UK.

The lawyers of the family of the person in the images tried to back out before the Sun published the images, but the Sun still went ahead.

It’s pretty obvious that the family of the person would have received some money from the Sun too, so aren’t blameless in all this. Going to the press was a distasteful option.
Back to Top
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 11 August 2012
Location: Machynys
Status: Offline
Points: 17393
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 3:13pm
I think we should just park the subject and see what unfolds both in terms of the BBC investigation and any health updates. Hopefully no further police involvements as well 🙏 . 
Back to Top
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 May 2005
Location: Wales
Status: Offline
Points: 11319
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 3:12pm
Huw has been quite open about his struggles with his own mental health. He's done so to publicise what can be a stigmatised condition, and discussed his own issues with a view to helping others. He's worn his heart on his sleeve on this one, for which I admire him.

He has also been prepared to back his words with action and is a Patron of the Llanelli branch of MIND, the mental health charity. 

Now that he needs help, I think he deserves sympathy and the time to get the treatment that he clearly needs at the present time. I also have so much sympathy for others who have been dragged in to this, including his wife and family.

If the Sun were so incensed about a 'crime' having been committed, I think the correct course of action would have been to pass any information and evidence to the Police and let them investigate. The Sun are not the judge and jury on this or any other case. Sadly this sort of story sells copy.
Back to Top
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 19 September 2022
Location: North pole
Status: Offline
Points: 3959
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

So his wife has named him , but has he broken the law , the police say no ...so what is going to happen to the sun newspaper ....mental health issues are allways bad ..and often worse for the family .....I think it's time that scum press need to be disposed of ....sun , telegraph , times , express and mail need to be investigated and disposed of ..then the people can hear the truth 
you can’t dispose of the press this isn’t nazi germany, no one forces people to buy thiese papers. If they are printing lies edwards can sue them for libel. As for edwards i do feel sorry for his family. As for huw  he is a grown man responsible for his own actions .  I don’t judge him that is not my place but neither do i feel sympathy for him. 

The name of the papers doesn't matter , what the point here is that truths are being ignored and selective people control what we hear ...Fox news is a prime example of what can go wrong when lies are continuously being spouted , which turned extremists into a mob to destroy the fabric of a country 
lets see edwards sue then for libel if this is all untrue then. He is high profile enough and got the money to do it
..I can see your experience of people with mental illness is minimal at best , Huw Edwards may spend the rest of his days in hospital having care for his mental illness , I'm sure trying to sue a multinational corporation is that last thing on his or anyone's mind , especially as he's currently not being charged with any wrong doing 
Back to Top
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2014
Location: Rhydcymerau
Status: Offline
Points: 18591
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

If it is true  why should i feel sorry  for him? He is a grown adult man no one made him go on those dating sites, no one made him message people. If and i repeat if it is true he is solely responsible for his actions and that is on him. By the same  token i don’t feel any anger or outrage at him. His personal life is his own affair i don’t care what he or anyone else does as long as it’s not illegal in all honesty 

I guess its called benefit of the doubt - or innocent until proven guilty. Do you not feel any sympathy for someone who is in the public eye having their reputation tarnished by a as yet unproven story which the police have already confirmed was not unlawful. If you or I had done what Huw is alleged to have done would anyone bat an eyelid? I am lucky ( I think) that I have the skin of a rhino & have never suffered with depression or other mental health issues but I have seen the devastation close up with family members. Do I feel sorry for them - yes I certainly do; do I have sympathy - absolutely yes. 
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 18113
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2023 at 1:48pm
If it is true  why should i feel sorry  for him? He is a grown adult man no one made him go on those dating sites, no one made him message people. If and i repeat if it is true he is solely responsible for his actions and that is on him. By the same  token i don’t feel any anger or outrage at him. His personal life is his own affair i don’t care what he or anyone else does as long as it’s not illegal in all honesty 

Edited by RR1972 - 13 July 2023 at 1:56pm
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.