Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ukraine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

This man wanted more money as pm , he didn't care where he got it , that puts him into an extremly dangerous position...let's not forget Johnson gave his personnel guards the slip and flew to a party in Italy being hosted by a person with close ties to the Kremlin ....this was only a few hours after he had been present at a NATO meeting ......hopefully he will stand on someone's toes and he ends up in a taxi beneath Paris ....that seems to be the favourite process Britain uses of eliminating high profile pains in the arse 

Steady on Oracle don't slip to Boris' level. 
Sponsored Links

Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 4:11pm
russia allegedly had 22000 tanks pre invasion.....not sure if thats accurate or if they work but its still  massive number that mustnt be under estimated 
sir duckling tuft
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 5:56pm
I think this is going to get messy really quickly ...logistically Russia might have inferior tanks but the volume of them and the close proximity to Russia isca major advantage 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:28pm

I think this is going to get messy really quickly ...logistically Russia might have inferior tanks but the volume of them and the close proximity to Russia isca major advantage 

Time will tell....but these tanks are serious kit. Night time capabilities which the Russian trash cannot do.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:34pm
I would definitely go with quantity over quality if I had to bet on it
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 8:49pm
What is encouraging is that the Ukranians did rout the Russians in two key areas last year. Russia may be prepared to throw bodies at the guns but it looks like when they come under enough pressure, the numbers just isn't enough for them and they capitulate. I'm pretty confident Ukraine with the help of the West will win in the long term. What I'm more concerned about is that the Russian ruling mob seem to have completely lost touch with reality and will lash out wildly as it becomes clear they are losing. Wounded tiger and all that. Honest opinion is that clear and regular communication is needed along with strict discipline. Constantly say that the war stops when Russian troops leave Ukraine, that no troops will cross the border. At the same time make it very clear that "very big guns" are pointed at Russia should Putin's mob decide to exact revenge. Then bombard the Russian public with messaging that they can return to the international fold and access the European single market as soon as they turn Putin et al over to the Hague and enact democratic reforms toensure this never happens again.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

What is encouraging is that the Ukranians did rout the Russians in two key areas last year. Russia may be prepared to throw bodies at the guns but it looks like when they come under enough pressure, the numbers just isn't enough for them and they capitulate. I'm pretty confident Ukraine with the help of the West will win in the long term. What I'm more concerned about is that the Russian ruling mob seem to have completely lost touch with reality and will lash out wildly as it becomes clear they are losing. Wounded tiger and all that. Honest opinion is that clear and regular communication is needed along with strict discipline. Constantly say that the war stops when Russian troops leave Ukraine, that no troops will cross the border. At the same time make it very clear that "very big guns" are pointed at Russia should Putin's mob decide to exact revenge. Then bombard the Russian public with messaging that they can return to the international fold and access the European single market as soon as they turn Putin et al over to the Hague and enact democratic reforms toensure this never happens again.

Psychological advantage to the Ukrainians.  MBT were always the doorway to most sophisticated arms like aircraft F16s etc...which I expect to happen now.

Would anyone want to face a battlegroup of 200 Leopards, Abrams and Challengers ......they are so superior to anything the Russians have. Yes they are throwing bodies just like everytime they have fought wars, but the Ukrainians have decimated their MBT which just explode like firecrackers...their design and thought for the crews are zero....there will be more and more MBT sent in which for a Russian soldier or ex Prisoners be a frightening sight. 

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 9:37pm
I think the final total of tanks from the west will be around 80 max ....that's what I heard today on LBC 
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:00pm

I think the final total of tanks from the west will be around 80 max ....that's what I heard today on LBC 

It will be more Sir.

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 5:35am
81 then Wink
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 8:04am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

I agree TBS. Careful diplomacy alongside increasing support for Ukraine will be the best chance of an outcome the West wants. Of course when it comes down to it the commitment of the operators of these tanks is fundamental to the outcome and on that score Putin is in big trouble. A totally united and unwavering front by NATO and its allies is needed & no more of this nonsense from the German government. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 11:31am
Where to post this? But a leading story today is that Djokovic's father posed for photos with pro-Putin supporters... seriously, who gives a [beep]? The media should concentrate on things that matter in this world. What the father of a Serbian tennis player is doing is not, in my view, particularly interesting.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Where to post this? But a leading story today is that Djokovic's father posed for photos with pro-Putin supporters... seriously, who gives a [beep]? The media should concentrate on things that matter in this world. What the father of a Serbian tennis player is doing is not, in my view, particularly interesting.

Agree I don't give a stuff.

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 2:35pm
He was kicked out of the tennis stadium along with russian waving supporters ....I bet you they were tosspreys 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 2:41pm
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64402928.amp

Interesting read and gives an insite into why decisions took so long
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 2:52pm
Does putin still control the sea and the air though?
sir duckling tuft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic