Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

URC TV coverage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URC TV coverage
    Posted: 20 September 2021 at 5:24pm
Just getting my viewing set up for the opening weekend of the URC, and it appears that the S4C coverage through Sky cannot be recorded, nor watched on Sky Go. There is nothing about this mentioned in the press release or reporting of the new TV deals.

In addition, I was invited to sign up to the newly-launched URC TV streaming service, but it is saying, "SORRY - THERE ARE NO PRODUCTS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION." Nothing in their launch comms makes it clear that the UK is excluded, but they confirmed to me that it is by direct message on the Twitter, where they also said that they don't have any policy preventing the games being watched, and suggested (but didn't know) that it might be down to an arrangement between S4C and Sky. Wacko

I also have a Premier Sports 'Premier Player' subscription which may or may not still be valid, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to find out! I can sign up anew from £12.99/month (min 6 mths), but without knowing what the alternative offers might be (BBC W/S4C if it can be recorded), I'm somewhat in the dark about the best solution.

I know that many will say this is typical of the shambles of a league, but I live in hope that they can get it right. Confused

As a supporter who's committed and ready to sign up to something, it's frustrating to be in this position 4 days before the new season begins - imagine what it's like for the casual viewer. What hope has the league got of catching more fans for its new, improved, multi-national, transglobal, Springboktastic offering? Pinch

Edited by NobbySosban - 20 September 2021 at 5:28pm
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 6:42pm
Nobby go to the S4c channel 804 sd channel and try that. Doesn't seem to be able to record the HD version on sky channel 104
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 6:57pm
Amazingly challenging to get what televised options play out like….

I’m Kenya I get Supersport. All 144 games covered. Simples.

Mind boggling.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Amazingly challenging to get what televised options play out like….

I’m Kenya I get Supersport. All 144 games covered. Simples.

Mind boggling.

Flights to Nairobi probably easier to book than using Premier Player
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2021 at 9:25pm
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Nobby go to the S4c channel 804 sd channel and try that. Doesn't seem to be able to record the HD version on sky channel 104
Cheers, Turkishrebel - the problem seems to have resolved itself - I was about to search for the SD S4C, but tried recording the HD channel one more time, and it accepted it, so now on series link.

I also received further comms from URC to explain that the URC TV streaming service is not for the UK, and that is clearly mentioned in their press release & news story. I would contend that it's not that clear, but I will scour the small print first in future! Geek

Just need to decide whether I'm going to subscribe to Premier Sports to get all the matches + highlights, and whether there's a way of switching my subscription to Sky. Life was so much easier when there were only 3 TV channels... LOL
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2021 at 10:56am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Cheers, Turkishrebel - the problem seems to have resolved itself - I was about to search for the SD S4C, but tried recording the HD channel one more time, and it accepted it, so now on series link.

I also received further comms from URC to explain that the URC TV streaming service is not for the UK, and that is clearly mentioned in their press release & news story. I would contend that it's not that clear, but I will scour the small print first in future! Geek

Just need to decide whether I'm going to subscribe to Premier Sports to get all the matches + highlights, and whether there's a way of switching my subscription to Sky. Life was so much easier when there were only 3 TV channels... LOL
It's ridiculous too that you can only get S4C in HD via satellite and not as a freeview channel.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic