Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vaea Fifita incoming?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2022 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Great signing! Really hope we keep hold of Patch
Again Patch is someone blighted by regular injuries sadly. 

Edited by reesytheexile - 08 January 2022 at 11:18pm
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Sponsored Links

Busy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2022 at 11:19pm
Derek will put us straight on this signing no doubt once he has a chat with  his -----
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 12:05am
Saturday night and I like the way you move
🇹🇷    
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 12:05am
Absolutely superb signing. A big powerful SR is what we’ve needed for years so I’m glad we’ve finally managed to pull it off. I also hope we manage to sign another (albeit lesser) SR as we lost both Jake and Tex last year. As others have said I’d be disappointed to lose Patchell so I hope we can keep him, but if offloading him is the price we have to pay to sign Fifita then it’s a good decision. That’s no slight on Patch, just that we have quality back-ups at 10, and the fact that as the saying goes - forwards decide if you win a game, backs decide by how much. 
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 12:07am
Haven't posted for a long time on here , but saw this and thought what the heck.....

Amazing signing if true. This guy is a carrying machine, pretty much every game for Wasps this season he's carried 30 metres plus. He's strong, powerful and probably the quickest lock in the game. Excellent hands and a great lineout forward. 

We've needed a player like this for decades. Keep him fit and he'll transform our carrying game. 
Tony Clifton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 12:12am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

He is, but we really don’t have a player anywhere close to his style and quality when he isn’t around. I genuinely think we don’t beat the Ospreys if he’s not involved. Sure his kick in was off, but in open play he was electric. I have faith in Costelow, but he needs time. For me AOB and Dinky aren’t the ones to be at the wheel while Sam develops.
Mr Lee91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 1:37am
Brilliant news.
We’ll have a good stable of locks for next season.
Fifita, Lousi, T Price, M Jones, J Price & Salmon.

Only negative I can see is he’ll probably be with Tonga once he’s eligible again, we should have a full season of him before then.

Patchell leaving would be unfortunate though it will give more game time to Sam, the more you play the better you’ll get.
Let’s not forget Dinky is still a young man and gives us different options at 10 and could still develop into an international player himself.
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 2:04am
That try against Argentina : https://youtu.be/syxfl_hOCho
And other highlights from the same match https://youtu.be/3ZDyoG9T2dE
Joshua24:15
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 7:23am
Great signing & well done to everyone involved. Not a like for like for Jake but a powerful, very athletic player who carries hard and often. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 7:34am
With Lousi, Thomson, Kalamfoni and Shingler bringing experience that will likely be available all season, burgeoning talent like Macloed, Tuipulotu, Price, Jones, Davis, Rees with solid campaigners like Price, Helps, Phillips and Rawlins, our back 5 forwards look better stocked than for some time. Cubby tbc.

I'm guessing we may consider not retaining Lezana beyond this season though.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

He is, but we really don’t have a player anywhere close to his style and quality when he isn’t around. I genuinely think we don’t beat the Ospreys if he’s not involved. Sure his kick in was off, but in open play he was electric. I have faith in Costelow, but he needs time. For me AOB and Dinky aren’t the ones to be at the wheel while Sam develops.

I’m a big fan of Patch but if we are to invest in Sam it’s now. He needs to start and showed what he can do earlier this season. There’s a new breed of 10s, 9s and wingers a bit smaller and elusive that players that have come through in the last 10 years. Think Marcus Smith - 5’ 9”. If Patch and Steff go we may need a 7 depending of how Lezanza goes?
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 8:59am
You mean steff was right, we do have some money.... and we were looking for a 2nd row......and we did just need to be a bit patient........well I never.....😂😂😂
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 9:25am
Best news I've had for a long while!Fantastic.Just  fantastic.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

It comes to those who wait and show patience Dic!!!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 9:33am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

It comes to those who wait and show patience Dic!!!!!!

LOLLOLLOL
ClapClapClapClapClap
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2022 at 9:37am
"Has immense speed for his size  and is an athletic forward,stealing more lineouts than any other player in Super Rugby....."

ClapClapClapClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic