Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wales Side to face Australia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login


Wales Side to face Australia

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 23 August 2009
Location: Africa
Status: Offline
Points: 48748
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 6:49pm
Tate McDermott and Noah Lolesio were the main reasons Australia had the platform tp fight back from 34-13. They came off the bench on 55 mins and turned the game. Not sure why they didn't start.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 29 May 2017
Location: Burry Port
Status: Offline
Points: 2554
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:11pm
This has to be the end for Pivac.  Only 10 wins in 33 games, baffling selections on a match to match basis, along with even more baffling substitutions.
However, the performances on the field pale into insignificance when compared to the state of the game in general and the running of it by the WRU.
PIVACs appointment was a punt (done on the cheap), how the WRU could state that they searched the world to find the best man and then go 50 miles down the road (to get Pivac) was just embarrassing.
The lack of a funding deal for the regions, the purchasing of a hotel and the joke that’s the roof walk, just shows the WRU for what they are - a bunch of amateurs in charge of a multi million pound organisation, hamstrung by grass roots sides.
We all know what their one solution will be - cut down the number of regions to two.  That would just stifle any opportunity for players to break through into the national team on a regular basis, as you would only have a limited number of spaces for players in any given position.
What is needed is wholesale changes at the top of the game, the appointment of people with either a business or a professional playing background (or both if possible), the removal of the power of grass roots sides, who often just vote down changes just to frustrate the union, the proper funding of the regions or the regions being given more autonomy - with them funding their own squads but being paid the going rate for players being released to the national squad.
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Wwwww mince

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 22749
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:17pm
Wales played well. Two players let the team down there one of them the captain. They lost us the game. I don't think you can blame Pivac for Tipurics blatant trip on a player. 
Back to Top
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 November 2015
Location: llanelli
Status: Offline
Points: 1126
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:18pm
I DO'NT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELESE ON THE FORUM, BUT LAYER CAKE IS BEGING TO TURN ON ME
1) Scarlets all season
2) Wales rugby in 2022(particularly Georgia & Italy
3) Wales football in world cup
4) Icing on the cake today, losing today after a commanding lead

Almost given up the will to be a sportsfan Confused

Cannot believe Wales lost today to an Aussie side so under strength.
If Wales don't get rid of Pivac now, and give a replacement, at least a little time to work with the squad, we won't get out of the pool in the world cup for sure.

Whoever the coach is, some of the basic lack of a skillset some of the players possess, is going to cause problems. However surely a better team of professionals cannot do a worse job than we see ATM

Wales started really well and were clearly on top.
Pivac then committed "Hari- Kari", by making ritual changes, which is what rugby now seems to be about.
The quicker this is stopped the better, for safety of players, as much as anything. An IRB ruling to reintroduce changes for injury only

Anscombe was playing well, controlling the game. On comes Priestland, and throws a "don't look pass", leading to a stupid trip from Tipruric & subsequent yellow card. GAME TURNS.
Ridiculous.
To top this Wales has ample opportunities to to close the game but didn't take them.
Poor leadership from Tipuric and lack of basic skills in the Red Zone..just like Scarlets.
It just isn't good enough from alleged top pro sportsmen.

As well discussed before on the forum, changing the coach, may have some short-term success, but the problem, as we all know, runs a lot deeper.

WRU now MUST take some action.
As well as changing the national coach, they should commission an immediate review (Independant of union) into the game in Wales at all levels. There should be a set timeframe to report back, so there is an urgency, and the reviews conclusions WILL need to be implemented

That reviews remit firstly should be looking at.... 
1) the viability of the regions. Their success (or lack of|) organisation including academies. The funding formula for the regions, for each region should surely be examined, and to maintain the 4 regions, whether this should be increased.
If the funding cannot be maintained and increased, what are the options?
2) The viability of the top tier of the game itself, under the regions. The Premiership, with the view to examine the reduction in the number of teams within this structure, to concentrate the best players within a more limited number of clubs, and therefore enhance a better level of competition.
3) The review would also need to look further down the chain at the community game in Wales and discuss with clubs how they can be helped and adequately supported by the union, which would also mean support for junior rugby 
4)There should be an examination of how the game is administered in Wales in schools and colleges, and therefore, should work closely with the Welsh government, and local Authorities
5) To review the continued to support of women's rugby in Wales, making it gender inclusive at all levels
6) Finally, and most important, is a review of the WRU itself and its archaic structure.
To implement the above measures, (and in my view, there needs to be radical changes) the whole voting and democratic structure needs to change.
Small clubs, through whatever self-interest motivates them, should NOT be able to block major changes, which the whole of the game in Wales.
There has been clear evidence of this at recent meetings, were WRU could not make the changes they wanted. 
A business the size of WRU, needs a model that continues to operate smoothly and reflects the demands of the 21st century, not the Victorian era.

Do I think this will happen; probably not, and therefore we go on with a mediocre, failing game, supported by shrinking grassroots. 
It's incredibly sad and it hurts

One thing I will say about scarlet fever forum, whatever disagreements there are on here, (naturally as it's a forum), the very fact there are so many Scarlets fans on here who, like me, love the game of rugby in Wales, speaks volumes. 
The fact is, if it didn't mean anything to them, they wouldn't be wasting their time on here.
Silence would be worrying.
On a dismal week for Welsh sport, as it has been, that's my true crumb of comfortCry
 

I stood yer on tanner bank
Back to Top
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
Wwwww mince

Joined: 15 August 2004
Location: Pemberton
Status: Offline
Points: 22749
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

I DO'NT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELESE ON THE FORUM, BUT LAYER CAKE IS BEGING TO TURN ON ME
1) Scarlets all season
2) Wales rugby in 2022(particularly Georgia & Italy
3) Wales football in world cup
4) Icing on the cake today, losing today after a commanding lead

Almost given up the will to be a sportsfan Confused

Cannot believe Wales lost today to an Aussie side so under strength.
If Wales don't get rid of Pivac now, and give a replacement, at least a little time to work with the squad, we won't get out of the pool in the world cup for sure.

Whoever the coach is, some of the basic lack of a skillset some of the players possess, is going to cause problems. However surely a better team of professionals cannot do a worse job than we see ATM

Wales started really well and were clearly on top.
Pivac then committed "Hari- Kari", by making ritual changes, which is what rugby now seems to be about.
The quicker this is stopped the better, for safety of players, as much as anything. An IRB ruling to reintroduce changes for injury only

Anscombe was playing well, controlling the game. On comes Priestland, and throws a "don't look pass", leading to a stupid trip from Tipruric & subsequent yellow card. GAME TURNS.
Ridiculous.
To top this Wales has ample opportunities to to close the game but didn't take them.
Poor leadership from Tipuric and lack of basic skills in the Red Zone..just like Scarlets.
It just isn't good enough from alleged top pro sportsmen.

As well discussed before on the forum, changing the coach, may have some short-term success, but the problem, as we all know, runs a lot deeper.

WRU now MUST take some action.
As well as changing the national coach, they should commission an immediate review (Independant of union) into the game in Wales at all levels. There should be a set timeframe to report back, so there is an urgency, and the reviews conclusions WILL need to be implemented

That reviews remit firstly should be looking at.... 
1) the viability of the regions. Their success (or lack of|) organisation including academies. The funding formula for the regions, for each region should surely be examined, and to maintain the 4 regions, whether this should be increased.
If the funding cannot be maintained and increased, what are the options?
2) The viability of the top tier of the game itself, under the regions. The Premiership, with the view to examine the reduction in the number of teams within this structure, to concentrate the best players within a more limited number of clubs, and therefore enhance a better level of competition.
3) The review would also need to look further down the chain at the community game in Wales and discuss with clubs how they can be helped and adequately supported by the union, which would also mean support for junior rugby 
4)There should be an examination of how the game is administered in Wales in schools and colleges, and therefore, should work closely with the Welsh government, and local Authorities
5) To review the continued to support of women's rugby in Wales, making it gender inclusive at all levels
6) Finally, and most important, is a review of the WRU itself and its archaic structure.
To implement the above measures, (and in my view, there needs to be radical changes) the whole voting and democratic structure needs to change.
Small clubs, through whatever self-interest motivates them, should NOT be able to block major changes, which the whole of the game in Wales.
There has been clear evidence of this at recent meetings, were WRU could not make the changes they wanted. 
A business the size of WRU, needs a model that continues to operate smoothly and reflects the demands of the 21st century, not the Victorian era.

Do I think this will happen; probably not, and therefore we go on with a mediocre, failing game, supported by shrinking grassroots. 
It's incredibly sad and it hurts

One thing I will say about scarlet fever forum, whatever disagreements there are on here, (naturally as it's a forum), the very fact there are so many Scarlets fans on here who, like me, love the game of rugby in Wales, speaks volumes. 
The fact is, if it didn't mean anything to them, they wouldn't be wasting their time on here.
Silence would be worrying.
On a dismal week for Welsh sport, as it has been, that's my true crumb of comfortCry
 


Priestland didn't come on as a result of Pivac not knowing what he's doing. It was more to do with I don't think Anscombe can play rugby with one arm. 


Edited by SA14 - 26 November 2022 at 7:21pm
Back to Top
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 27 July 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Status: Offline
Points: 1340
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

I DO'NT KNOW ABOUT ANYONE ELESE ON THE FORUM, BUT LAYER CAKE IS BEGING TO TURN ON ME
1) Scarlets all season
2) Wales rugby in 2022(particularly Georgia & Italy
3) Wales football in world cup
4) Icing on the cake today, losing today after a commanding lead

Almost given up the will to be a sportsfan Confused

Cannot believe Wales lost today to an Aussie side so under strength.
If Wales don't get rid of Pivac now, and give a replacement, at least a little time to work with the squad, we won't get out of the pool in the world cup for sure.

Whoever the coach is, some of the basic lack of a skillset some of the players possess, is going to cause problems. However surely a better team of professionals cannot do a worse job than we see ATM

Wales started really well and were clearly on top.
Pivac then committed "Hari- Kari", by making ritual changes, which is what rugby now seems to be about.
The quicker this is stopped the better, for safety of players, as much as anything. An IRB ruling to reintroduce changes for injury only

Anscombe was playing well, controlling the game. On comes Priestland, and throws a "don't look pass", leading to a stupid trip from Tipruric & subsequent yellow card. GAME TURNS.
Ridiculous.
To top this Wales has ample opportunities to to close the game but didn't take them.
Poor leadership from Tipuric and lack of basic skills in the Red Zone..just like Scarlets.
It just isn't good enough from alleged top pro sportsmen.

As well discussed before on the forum, changing the coach, may have some short-term success, but the problem, as we all know, runs a lot deeper.

WRU now MUST take some action.
As well as changing the national coach, they should commission an immediate review (Independant of union) into the game in Wales at all levels. There should be a set timeframe to report back, so there is an urgency, and the reviews conclusions WILL need to be implemented

That reviews remit firstly should be looking at.... 
1) the viability of the regions. Their success (or lack of|) organisation including academies. The funding formula for the regions, for each region should surely be examined, and to maintain the 4 regions, whether this should be increased.
If the funding cannot be maintained and increased, what are the options?
2) The viability of the top tier of the game itself, under the regions. The Premiership, with the view to examine the reduction in the number of teams within this structure, to concentrate the best players within a more limited number of clubs, and therefore enhance a better level of competition.
3) The review would also need to look further down the chain at the community game in Wales and discuss with clubs how they can be helped and adequately supported by the union, which would also mean support for junior rugby 
4)There should be an examination of how the game is administered in Wales in schools and colleges, and therefore, should work closely with the Welsh government, and local Authorities
5) To review the continued to support of women's rugby in Wales, making it gender inclusive at all levels
6) Finally, and most important, is a review of the WRU itself and its archaic structure.
To implement the above measures, (and in my view, there needs to be radical changes) the whole voting and democratic structure needs to change.
Small clubs, through whatever self-interest motivates them, should NOT be able to block major changes, which the whole of the game in Wales.
There has been clear evidence of this at recent meetings, were WRU could not make the changes they wanted. 
A business the size of WRU, needs a model that continues to operate smoothly and reflects the demands of the 21st century, not the Victorian era.

Do I think this will happen; probably not, and therefore we go on with a mediocre, failing game, supported by shrinking grassroots. 
It's incredibly sad and it hurts

One thing I will say about scarlet fever forum, whatever disagreements there are on here, (naturally as it's a forum), the very fact there are so many Scarlets fans on here who, like me, love the game of rugby in Wales, speaks volumes. 
The fact is, if it didn't mean anything to them, they wouldn't be wasting their time on here.
Silence would be worrying.
On a dismal week for Welsh sport, as it has been, that's my true crumb of comfortCry
 


Priestland didn't come on as a result of Pivac not knowing what he's doing. It was more to do with I don't think Anscombe can play rugby with one arm. 

Why wasn't Costellow brought on?
Back to Top
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 February 2007
Location: Maldwyn's
Status: Offline
Points: 2745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:41pm
Pivac has to go. Out of his depth. However, without a systematic change at the WRU it will all be pointless. The WRU are the reason Wales and the regions are floundering.
What's going on?
Back to Top
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Avatar

Joined: 08 April 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Online
Points: 26100
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:53pm
Turned the game off after 25 mins but still shocked to see end result.
Back to Top
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 13 March 2012
Location: South Suffolk
Status: Offline
Points: 19599
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 7:55pm
How often does Gethin crack a smile? 

When we scored, there was no change of expression.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Back to Top
Seagultaf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 27 May 2021
Location: Penclawdd
Status: Offline
Points: 266
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

I've no sympathy for Pivac, he's been making very silly selection / subsitution /tactical decisions but the modern game is so dependent on refereeing decisions in awarding cards and borderline technical infringements eg the Elias "penalty try" that almost anything can happen.
Has anyone taken another look at the Elias yellow? The TMO was asked whether his feet were in play when the maul came down. We then saw a replay which showed his feet behind the try line, so out of play. The TMO then said the replay clearly shows his feet were in play. Confusing?
Back to Top
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 07 April 2013
Location: Yma o Hyd
Status: Offline
Points: 4212
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 8:49pm
His left hand was in the field of play.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Back to Top
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 27 April 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 16919
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Wales played well. Two players let the team down there one of them the captain. They lost us the game. I don't think you can blame Pivac for Tipurics blatant trip on a player. 
tbh i don’t think you blame tupriv for pivacs subs tactics and selections eitherWink
Back to Top
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 19 September 2022
Location: North pole
Status: Offline
Points: 1964
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 9:07pm
To many old tosspreys , but what option did he have ...
The best chef in the world can produce a banquet when you only have mouldy bread and out of date crisps in the cupboard Ouch
Back to Top
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 February 2021
Location: Efrog Newydd
Status: Offline
Points: 955
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 10:11pm
We blew a slam with terrible subs, Pivac hasn’t learned a thing.
Back to Top
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 2217
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

We blew a slam with terrible subs, Pivac hasn’t learned a thing.

In all fairness, I don't think anyone could have imagined us blowing such a big lead no matter what the subs were. 
Back to Top
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Avatar

Joined: 11 February 2007
Location: Maldwyn's
Status: Offline
Points: 2745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

To many old tosspreys , but what option did he have ...
The best chef in the world can produce a banquet when you only have mouldy bread and out of date crisps in the cupboard Ouch

The best players today were AWJ, Jac and Hawkins so what is your point?
What's going on?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.