Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Side to face Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lincscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 12:25am
Thing is tipuric shouldn’t even have been in the wales squad. Thomas young is the form 7 after jac Morgan, and josh gives us far more physicality- what turnovers did tips get in the entire series? 

Giving away needless yellows is the MO for wales. I hate to go backwards, because for all his success gats had a lot of downsides, but he’d at least organise a team and give it a game plan to follow in the few months he has until the World Cup. I don’t see any other coaches as options for it tbh but pivac can’t stay 
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 12:34am
Tupric not fully fit but not only played but was caotain and our only line out option. Pivac and his selections are bizarre
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 12:44am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Tupric not fully fit but not only played but was caotain and our only line out option. Pivac and his selections are bizarre
Why do you say he isn’t fully fit? He’s played every match this autumn. 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Lincscarlet Lincscarlet wrote:

Thing is tipuric shouldn’t even have been in the wales squad. Thomas young is the form 7 after jac Morgan, and josh gives us far more physicality- what turnovers did tips get in the entire series? 

Giving away needless yellows is the MO for wales. I hate to go backwards, because for all his success gats had a lot of downsides, but he’d at least organise a team and give it a game plan to follow in the few months he has until the World Cup. I don’t see any other coaches as options for it tbh but pivac can’t stay 
I thought Tipuric played quite well until that stupid trip. 
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Priestland didn't come on as a result of Pivac not knowing what he's doing. It was more to do with I don't think Anscombe can play rugby with one arm. 

Why wasn't Costellow brought on?
He probably thought that Priestland was the safe option to come on and close out the game. Costelow came on last weekend when the scores were close and it didn’t turn out well. 

Pivac was desperate for a win and went for the experienced over the youthful option.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Why do you say he isn’t fully fit? He’s played every match this autumn. 
cos hes played 100 minutes in what 16 months pre thus series?
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 7:27am
Beard, tipuric shouldnt been picked. No form what so ever. Liabilities. Jac should have been 7 with morriaty at 6. Good balanced backrow with young or josh on bench. Seb davies at SR with rowlands or AWJ with carter or jenkins on bench. Chris T next on the line. Cant bring Gatland back as that would be another backward setp. Look for long term. Borthwick has done a stellar job at Lecister.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 7:56am
I agree with RR about Tipuric. When he was named captain I thought then that Pivac had hamstrung his selections as in all probability Tipuric would not have been first choice at 6,7 or 8. His trip was sheer stupidity. Not too many positives to take out of the Autumn but there are a few. Dillon Lewis has improved his scrummaging and his other work around the field has seen him move ahead of Francis.

Ken Owens still retains the fire and ability to cut it at this level - well done Ken. Tschiunza & Jenkins have moved ahead of Carter for me. Jac Morgan star of the series in my book. Hawkins I thought had a very tidy debut & showed more than enough to be in serious contention for the 6 nations. Rio Dyer equally does not look out of place. Giving Adams & LRZ time at 15, despite protestations by many, was the right call & will give us some much needed options going forward. 

Time & injury have I am afraid caught up with Halfpenny & Cuthbert & they should be eased out of future squads with many thanks for their service. Equally Tipuric's position should not be ring fenced - Reffell, Morgan & McLoud will push him very hard. I would love to see a starting back row in the first 6 nations game of 6. Tschiunza, 7. Morgan 8. Faletau with McLoud on the bench unless Tipuric gets back to his brilliant best.

Judging from the comments being made by Warburton & Jamie Roberts, boys who lets face it have direct contact with many squad members, it seems pretty clear that the players have no confidence in the coaching team or parts of it. Gatland is trying to be very diplomatic but I think a 9/10 month stint as a saviour to his beloved Welsh rugby would seriously appeal to both his ego & pocket. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:06am
Gatland has hardly been successful since his departure. I do understand the appeal of going back to someone who brought a lot of success if in a limited style. After the ups and downs of recent times, some predictability would soothe fans worries although not necessarily bring any more success. Whether a motivational fear of god type input is what we’re missing is anyone’s guess.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Gatland has hardly been successful since his departure. I do understand the appeal of going back to someone who brought a lot of success if in a limited style. After the ups and downs of recent times, some predictability would soothe fans worries although not necessarily bring any more success. Whether a motivational fear of god type input is what we’re missing is anyone’s guess.

I think its more to do with availability. His time with the Lions messed up his coaching role and ended with a  move upstairs which you could read as being a compromise. He is on record as stating that he would love a chance to coach at International level again. Most coaches will be contracted to season ends so tempting Gatland would look, on the face of it, one of the easier options. 

I would not suggest that Gatland would suddenly turn round our fortunes but he would bring that level of hard nosed expectation to his selections and preparations. He may, of course, be eyeing up a different option namely a long term contract with England running from 01/12/2022 to the end of the 2027 World Cup. Surely fast Eddie must be feeling as much heat as Pivac today after that pretty abject performance from England. Jones is reportedly on £800K p.a. - perfect top up to Gatland's pension fund as he moves through his sixties. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:36am
If pivac had a shred of dignity he would not wait to be sacked.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:47am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Why should he do that when those above him operate the way they do?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:52am
I don’t think Gatland or Tandy are the right options, we have to be ambitious and beat the other big guns to Robertson. Knowing the WRU we will end up with the cheapest option available in order to save money for the new walkway above the stadium.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 8:57am
I'm guessing the wru have a plan for post wc which doesn't involve pivac so unless they're able to bring that forward then Wayne Smith would be the best option.

The chiefs moved gatland aside from coaching because he's looking a bit stale and he wouldn't have Sean Edwards and McBryde alongside him.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Why should he do that when those above him operate the way they do?
Yes the one's above him are culpable for a lot of things but those people were there during Gatlands tenure we have no clear game plan other than kick or go into contact our back play is non existent and we have lost to Italy and Georgia during the last 12 months with him in charge and blown a 20 point lead at home.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2022 at 9:25am
unfortunately Gatland is the only one who can save the face untill the next RWC...in the meanewhile should be good reorganize all the system and find a coach for a new project...
Robertson will be difficoult to sign, considering the different ambitious, England going bad as Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic