Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Squad for the Autumn games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 4:50pm
Why is Thomas Young in there? He won’t be available for the training and while I can understand making exemptions to the 60 cap rule if we’re incredibly desperate in a position, 7 isn’t one of those positions. In fact, I’d choose Jac Morgan above Young even if both were available for the same amount of training, and the decision of Pivac not to do so looks unfathomable. 
Sponsored Links

Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 6:34pm
Im glad theres no favouritism towards the cardiff pack££.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 10:17pm
Saw this on twitter. Succinct and perfectly put. 

“Wales' 4 pro sides won't have their Wales players for URC Rnd 5 - they'll be preparing to face NZ - a match in which Wales won't have players based in Eng available.

Welsh rugby in a nutshell. Broken governance means none of the 5 sides being able to select their best players.”
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:46am
Rather ominous signs for Wales ahead of the Autumn fixtures. 6 of the Welsh forwards played for the Dragons last night & they were gradually overpowered by the Stormers who didn't feature any Bok forwards. More worryingly for Dean Ryan is that his scrum was going backwards against a scrum which featured a 36 year old former Dragon stalwart Brok Harris. 

I appreciate that of that 6 probably only 2 will start with possibly a further 2/3 on the bench but the signs are there. It will be very interesting to see how the all Welsh squad front row goes today in Dublin against an all Ireland front row. Parity at scrum & lineout will be the minimum Pivac requires if he is to stay in the games against both NZ & the Boks. My view is that Pivac will have everything crossed that Wyn & Francis come through the weekend unscathed as the back up available is not at the same level. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 25 minutes ago at 8:56am
Following on from my comments above it appears that Wyn & Francis came through OK. Our resources at front row look pretty thin to me with Wyn, Ken & Francis a decent starting row but after that it is looking ominous. Rhodri Jones would be my bench LH but at 2 & 3 I am struggling. Samson really should be there as should Rob Evans because Carre, Dillon Lewis, Dee, Ryan & WGJ don't fill me with confidence. 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:06am
The WRU have invested too much publicity in the Carre and Lewis project not to get them chosen now. The new age prop who is mobile and can play like a backrow is what they wanted at the cost of their only real job on the pitch- to hold up the scrum. I think you could choose any regional prop ahead of carre snd lewis if you were honest.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 10 minutes ago at 9:11am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

The WRU have invested too much publicity in the Carre and Lewis project not to get them chosen now. The new age prop who is mobile and can play like a backrow is what they wanted at the cost of their only real job on the pitch- to hold up the scrum. I think you could choose any regional prop ahead of carre snd lewis if you were honest.

You are probably correct but I do worry if they both get exposed to the Boks scrum - either the starting props or the bench - it won't be pretty!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic