Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team against France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Pivac picks the 38 players to be on the 80/20 contracts, he also had carte blanche to pick his own coaching team, given the lack of rugby knowledge in the senior roles at the wru he has got more power than pretty much any welsh coach ever

There are players whose contracts pre-date Pivac's appointment as national coach-Ken and Foxy are two.

Maybe, but it’s 100% Pivac’s call ( each year) who makes the ‘38’.

Given the financial siuation over the last 2 years,any radical overhaul of the 38 would not be welcomed by the WRU ,and the 4 clubs,I reckon.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 7:07pm

Pivac picks the 38 players to be on the 80/20 contracts, he also had carte blanche to pick his own coaching team, given the lack of rugby knowledge in the senior roles at the wru he has got more power than pretty much any welsh coach ever

There are players whose contracts pre-date Pivac's appointment as national coach-Ken and Foxy are two.

Given the financial siuation over the last 2 years,any radical overhaul of the 38 would not be welcomed by the WRU ,and the 4 clubs,I reckon.

That would be my view too, but the reality is that Pivac has for more influence than his predecessor.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 7:25pm

That would be my view too, but the reality is that Pivac has for more influence than his predecessor.

Interesting.I would say that the role of national coach in Wales is,and has been for some time,a prime element in the dysfunctional governance of the game.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:46pm
Adams has lost form since gats dropped him for the lions because he needed time off due to his wife giving birth...now all this move him to 13 debacle 🙄 hes fast becoming mr utility Anthony Clement 

Edited by roy munster - 13 March 2022 at 8:46pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 8:47pm
9 is a huge issue were ignoring, tomos is not a threat
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 9:23pm

That’s probably because Pivac was appointed by the current regime, so they are more likely to support him (whatever he does or needs to do). Gatland had 12 years in charge so probably saw his paymaster change several times.

N14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The more I think about it the more I think Gate 12 was right about Pivac already having his match day squad for the RWC in place.

The only slots open for consideration are probably 2nd choice tight head and 2nd choice outside half.

He’s got Ken, North, AWJ and Tips shirts filled with placeholders right now.

You can see this from how quickly Basham, Jenkins, Ratti and Morgan have been pushed back once Navidi ( who’d be the 6 in the RWC I think)and Taulupe were available, the needless inclusion of AWJ for the Italy match instead of bringing someone like a Ben Carter through.
Halaholo would only get a game if there were 2 centres injured, maybe even 3, likewise Carre, Dillon Lewis, Sheedy for their positions.

The danger of course is that form players get overlooked,and, if young, become a little disillusioned…and players picked perpetually are selected without necessarily being fully fit or in form.

Pivac also shares far too much of the reasoning for dropping/picking/not picking players with the media too, which doesn’t help.

The other think that concerns me a bit is we are 1/4 and lying 5th in the 6N, but that seems to be broadly ok, and the inevitable win v Italy will mean we will tick off the campaign as ‘reasonable’.
To add to this, is Cawdor not being played so that other analysts forget about how good he is and/or write him off as being (well) below peal form, only for him to come bursting back onto the scene adding much to Wales’s overall threat?

To go from British Lion to hardly playing is a step or few that requires some lateral thought when all other explanations dont seem to fit.

Cawdor's non-selection is totally baffling
N14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2022 at 10:00pm

Wales would be crazy to extend  pivavc contract, im not so sure well beat fiji with all their ex all blavks now aviable

What if we were to make the semi finals of the RWC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic