Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh Squad for South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welsh Squad for South Africa
    Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:12am
Its that time of year to get thinking about the make up of the touring party. 

Back 3 - how is Johnny Mac progressing from his injury. With Holmes out of favour, Amos retiring & Owen Lane playing poorly there could be some new face/s involved.

My guess : Liam, Adams, JohnnyMac, LRZ, Cuthbert, Giles or Conbeer.

Midfield - does he take North, how is Halaholo recovering.

My guess : North, Watkin, Tompkins, Foxy.

10's : Good news for Pivac is that Anscombe seems to be finding some form.

My guess : Biggar, Anscombe, Sheedy.

9's : No surprises here for me.

My guess : Cawdor, Hardy & Tomos.

Props : How is Wyn recovering. Lewis and Carre have been pretty poor of late but who is challenging them. Safety first for Pivac probably.

My guess : Wyn, Gareth Thomas, Carre, Francis, Brown, Lewis. 

Hookers : Dewi Lake is making a very strong case for the starting slot in fairness.

My guess : Lake, Elias, Roberts

2nd rows : Interesting dilemma here - does AWJ's form warrant selection, will Tschiunza recover, is Jenkins ready

My guess : AWJ, Rowlands, Beard, Seb, Tschiunza

Back row : Think Ellis is out of the equation & I don't think the tackling machine that is Reffell has convinced Pivac. Moriarty is still injured. 

My guess : Faletau, Jac Morgan, Navidi, Basham, Ratti.

Some interesting points for debate - fire away.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:25am
First off this is a bonkers schedule in a post lions year. Secondly let’s see what the likes of ratti and conbeer can do, thirdly lrz must start he is in great form. I’d personally play liam lrz north j williams conbeer anscombe  cawdor thomas lake francis rowlands beard naividi morgan ratti bench smith elias brown awj reffell .  We really need to see if the likes of jonny williams and brown are test level if not cut them adrift and move on.  Then as the series progresses drip feed the likes of adams and toby f in as injuries occur

Edited by RR1972 - 04 May 2022 at 9:30am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:32am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Its that time of year to get thinking about the make up of the touring party. 

Back 3 - how is Johnny Mac progressing from his injury. With Holmes out of favour, Amos retiring & Owen Lane playing poorly there could be some new face/s involved.

My guess : Liam, Adams, JohnnyMac, LRZ, Cuthbert, Giles or Conbeer.

Midfield - does he take North, how is Halaholo recovering.

My guess : North, Watkin, Tompkins, Foxy.

10's : Good news for Pivac is that Anscombe seems to be finding some form.

My guess : Biggar, Anscombe, Sheedy.

9's : No surprises here for me.

My guess : Cawdor, Hardy & Tomos.

Props : How is Wyn recovering. Lewis and Carre have been pretty poor of late but who is challenging them. Safety first for Pivac probably.

My guess : Wyn, Gareth Thomas, Carre, Francis, Brown, Lewis. 

Hookers : Dewi Lake is making a very strong case for the starting slot in fairness.

My guess : Lake, Elias, Roberts

2nd rows : Interesting dilemma here - does AWJ's form warrant selection, will Tschiunza recover, is Jenkins ready

My guess : AWJ, Rowlands, Beard, Seb, Tschiunza

Back row : Think Ellis is out of the equation & I don't think the tackling machine that is Reffell has convinced Pivac. Moriarty is still injured. 

My guess : Faletau, Jac Morgan, Navidi, Basham, Ratti.

Some interesting points for debate - fire away.
Add Dafydd Jenkins in at lock 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:35am
Webb might be in with a shout as I am sure I've read he has contacted Pivac to explain his comments have been taken 'out of context'. So he may have put his toys back in his pram.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:40am
Jenkins at lock looks a real prospect but are we better off holding him back for the ai series at home? Carter the dragons lock must be ahead of him? What about the likes of knott and lonsdale?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 9:51am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Jenkins at lock looks a real prospect but are we better off holding him back for the ai series at home? Carter the dragons lock must be ahead of him? What about the likes of knott and lonsdale?
Londsdale could be a decent shout 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:05am
We don’t want a pasting but what will we learn about guys lke biggar toby f adams etc that we don’t already know?
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 10:13am
Reading the Osprey thread on Gwlad we should just take their squad as they are going to be world beaters now apparently after Saturday. 
In the real world centre we are short of real class apart from George so he has to go. 
Outside half I would take Costellow instead of Sheedy for experience.
No way Carre and Lewis should go would rather take Stef Thomas and Leon Brown and give them a real chance. Even Nicki Thomas is better than Carre so option there as well. 
AWJ should be told thanks for great career but that is enough he was even of pace Saturday. 
Rhys Davies should go don’t know much about others mentioned but he looks good prospect .
Pivac must eat a bit of humble pie and take Reffell and then tell him he has to sign for us after tour. 

Edited by Why - 04 May 2022 at 10:14am
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Reading the Osprey thread on Gwlad we should just take their squad as they are going to be world beaters now apparently after Saturday. 
In the real world centre we are short of real class apart from George so he has to go. 
No way Carre and Lewis should go would rather take Stef Thomas and Leon Brown and give them a real chance. Even Nicki Thomas is better than Carre so option there as well. 
AWJ should be told thanks for great career but that is enough he was even of pace Saturday. 
Rhys Davies should go don’t know much about others mentioned but he looks good prospect .
Pivac must eat a bit of humble pie and take Reffell and then tell him he has to sign for us after tour. 

Hope your sitting down Why but i couldn't agree more with all of that if by Nicki Thomas you mean Nicki Smith. As for your point about Reffell I would love to see him at PYS. His no nonsense you will not pass attitude would be a defence coaches dream to set the standard. 
lordcuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 2:12pm
In an (unrealistic) ideal world i'd take

Props: Wyn Jones, Gareth Thomas, Nicky Smith, Leon Brown Tomas Francis, Tom Botha
Hooker: Dewi Lake, Ryan Elias, Bradley Roberts
SR: AWJ, Beard, Rowlands, Rhys Davies, Ben Carter
BR: SLH, Reffell, Faletau, Ratti, Basham, Navidi, Jac Morgan
SH: Hardy, Blacker, Tomos Williams
FH: Biggar, Ioan Lloyd, Costelow, Sheedy
Centre: North, Max Clark, Johnny Williams, Tompkins
Back 3: LRZ, Adams, Sanjay, Cuthbert, Conbeer

Close shouts would be the likes of Daf Jenkins, Tshiunza (if fit), Theo Cabango, Rhys Webb, Botham, Lonsdale/Knott

Also would love to see some links to Taine Plumtree either in a squad or coming to Wales.

Don't think this will be the case however, but thats what I'd go with
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 3:24pm
Think Josh McCloud will be in the picture
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by lordcuthbert lordcuthbert wrote:

In an (unrealistic) ideal world i'd take

Props: Wyn Jones, Gareth Thomas, Nicky Smith, Leon Brown Tomas Francis, Tom Botha
Hooker: Dewi Lake, Ryan Elias, Bradley Roberts
SR: AWJ, Beard, Rowlands, Rhys Davies, Ben Carter
BR: SLH, Reffell, Faletau, Ratti, Basham, Navidi, Jac Morgan
SH: Hardy, Blacker, Tomos Williams
FH: Biggar, Ioan Lloyd, Costelow, Sheedy
Centre: North, Max Clark, Johnny Williams, Tompkins
Back 3: LRZ, Adams, Sanjay, Cuthbert, Conbeer

Close shouts would be the likes of Daf Jenkins, Tshiunza (if fit), Theo Cabango, Rhys Webb, Botham, Lonsdale/Knott

Also would love to see some links to Taine Plumtree either in a squad or coming to Wales.

Don't think this will be the case however, but thats what I'd go with
plumtree a great shout 
lordcuthbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordcuthbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 4:21pm
I agree but can't see him going on a tour if he's playing in NZ now. Would have to be a six nations squad minimum for him to accept I'd imagine
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Hope your sitting down Why but i couldn't agree more with all of that if by Nicki Thomas you mean Nicki Smith. As for your point about Reffell I would love to see him at PYS. His no nonsense you will not pass attitude would be a defence coaches dream to set the standard. 
I did mean Nicki Smith but yes would love Reffell down the Parc it’s about time the WRU sent a few players our way rather than the Other regions. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:50pm
Rob Evans?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Rob Evans?

He’s not even 2nd choice for us, I don’t think he’ll be digging his passport out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic