Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh Squad for South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

After Dewi Lake scores did anyone notice Lood de Jäger being at least a yard in front of the kicker at the restart? The ref was even looking straight at him. Appalling officiating 

I think your wrong, it was more like five yards!
Keep the faith
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:19am
The we were robbed brigade are mute on tomkins challenge in the air, doesn’t suit their narrative i guess Smile
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:25am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The we were robbed brigade are mute on tomkins challenge in the air, doesn’t suit their narrative i guess Smile

It did look like a penalty to me - pretty clumsy really. We certainly got away with that one. I certainly don't believe we were robbed - Biggar's attitude and Tomos' decision making cost us at least a draw. When you are playing away in front of 50k+ passionate supporters you have to be cool and squeeky clean - we were neither. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 10:57am
Biggar shouting at ref and wavung arms is basucally a master class in how not to behave as a captain, he needs to calm down
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 11:14am

Biggar shouting at ref and wavung arms is basucally a master class in how not to behave as a captain, he needs to calm down
Yes he sadly reverted to type in this game. He has a huge competitive drive  to win like Farrell dare I mention his name (!) but like him gets too emotional. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 11:43am
Biggar sextin farell all top class all tough as old boots all a pain in the bsckside Wink

Edited by RR1972 - 03 July 2022 at 11:44am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 12:21pm

Biggar sextin farell all top class all tough as old boots all a pain in the bsckside Wink
Absolutely and that’s why all their coaches pick them and we love to hate them 😂 Hooper is another in Oz. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 1:40pm
Of course that is why they get selected but it is a mistake making them captain. Sexton has, at least, partially learnt to control himself when dealing with the ref. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 2:45pm
I don’t like backs as captain full stop tbh. Shame toby f so shy i’d pick him skipper
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 4:31pm
Having only seen the S4C highlights, I wonder what those who have seen the whole match, think of Reffell's overall performance?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 4:49pm
Excellent at breakdown v good in defence but  not much of a footballing 7 tbh. Morgan looks better to me

Edited by RR1972 - 03 July 2022 at 4:50pm
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 6:04pm
Biggar gets the point across. I think largely its good for Wales. Listen to him in the press conference, says the right stuff. 

Penalty count yesterday was a bit disappointing, the manor in which the game was handled by the referee. LRZ tackled clear release hands on the ball and was sent off. 

A gift for south Africa but a really good performance for Wales. Lets see if Pivac can adjust tactically and highlight how Wales were hard done by, make the next match a bit of a grudge match. 

Or will we fall flat…
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 8:08pm

Excellent at breakdown v good in defence but  not much of a footballing 7 tbh. Morgan looks better to me

Diolch.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2022 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Biggar gets the point across. I think largely its good for Wales. Listen to him in the press conference, says the right stuff. 

Penalty count yesterday was a bit disappointing, the manor in which the game was handled by the referee. LRZ tackled clear release hands on the ball and was sent off. 

A gift for south Africa but a really good performance for Wales. Lets see if Pivac can adjust tactically and highlight how Wales were hard done by, make the next match a bit of a grudge match. 

Or will we fall flat…
We need variety this week as the Boks know our game plan. Their pack on the roll is superb and unstoppable. Massive lumps. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 1:45am

He’s not selected for his footballing abilities. He’s there because of how strong he is at the contact area 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2022 at 7:33am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

He’s not selected for his footballing abilities. He’s there because of how strong he is at the contact area 

Its Reffell at 7 going forward all day long for me. He stops opposition momentum, wins you possession on the floor and gives away very few penalties. Morgan is a very good player & is next in line for me until Josh finds his best form. Then both Reffell & Morgan will have some serious competition from someone who is bigger & quicker & just as good over the ball. If only we had that sort of competition at 12/13 & 15.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
  Share Topic