Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh team v Argentina.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 12:45pm
Wales: Rees-Zammit; Cuthbert, North, Tompkins, Dyer; Anscombe, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens, D Lewis, Beard, Rowlands, Lydiate, Tipuric (capt), Faletau.

Replacements: Elias, R Jones, S Wainwright, Carter, Morgan, Hardy, Priestland, Watkin.
Joshua24:15
Sponsored Links

Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 12:55pm
Cuthbert hasn’t played since the summer and he’s thrown straight into the team. When you thought Pivac couldn’t be any more delusional with his team selections this says it all. The bench is very very weak in the front row. We aren’t winning this match or even coming close to winning.

Edited by Scrletsfan32x - 10 November 2022 at 12:57pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 12:59pm
What a load of rubbish they will put 30 points on us Priestland on bench why not give Sam a go Rhodes Jones on bench are we that desperate for props. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Wales: Rees-Zammit; Cuthbert, North, Tompkins, Dyer; Anscombe, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens, D Lewis, Beard, Rowlands, Lydiate, Tipuric (capt), Faletau.

Replacements: Elias, R Jones, S Wainwright, Carter, Morgan, Hardy, Priestland, Watkin.

Would have preferred: Rees-Zammit; Cuthbert, North, Tompkins, Dyer; Anscombe, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens (c), D Lewis, Carter, Rowlands, Tshiunza, Morgan, Faletau.

Replacements: Elias, R Jones, S Wainwright, Beard, McLeod, Blacker, Costellow, Watkin.
What's going on?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 1:09pm
Im actually speechless.
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 1:39pm
Our scrum will get mullered. I'm at the point where I think we might as well start with a clean slate and try out all the youngsters we've got, because there's not much going on with all these veterans. 
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 2:26pm
if pumas ended to celebrate english win, for wales will be a long afternoon saturday...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 2:29pm
I can only assume that Tschiunza, Adams & Francis are injured in addition to Halfpenny & Reffell. If not its just another case of Pivac trying to find the plot which he has mysteriously lost. 
scarletpimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Our scrum will get mullered. I'm at the point where I think we might as well start with a clean slate and try out all the youngsters we've got, because there's not much going on with all these veterans. 

It underlines what I have been saying on the other thread , we have no strength  in depth in the front 5.
People can have ago at Pivac..but he is stuck either what he's got.
Not sure about youngsters to bring through ATM.?

Short time ago we had Samson(before injury wrecked him),Ken and Rob evans(at their best),wyn jones(not continually injured ,as now ) jake ball, hill, Shingler etc.
We are simply not bringing people through.

Doesn't matter what backs you have, or back row, you HAVE have a front 5, to do the spadework.Aĺl Blacks proved that last sat, by outplaying us, which allowed Smith and Savea go thrive .
It's a worry for Wales 
I stood yer on tanner bank
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

It underlines what I have been saying on the other thread , we have no strength  in depth in the front 5.

Short time ago we had Samson(before injury wrecked him),Ken and Rob evans(at their best),wyn jones(not continually injured ,as now ) jake ball, hill, Shingler etc.

Doesn't matter what backs you have, or back row, you HAVE have a front 5, to do the spadework.Aĺl Blacks proved that last sat, by outplaying us, which allowed Smith and Savea go thrive .
It's a worry for Wales 
It’s hard to bring youngsters through when the old guard (Some over 35) are still playing and keep getting picked for whatever reason.
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

It's a worry for Wales 
It’s hard to bring youngsters through when the old guard (Some over 35) are still playing and keep getting picked for whatever reason.

Not really. Look at Lewis, Brown, Smith. All had plenty of regional experience and international gametime. And neon of them are up to it. Carre the same. We just don't have talent. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Originally posted by Scrletsfan32x Scrletsfan32x wrote:

It's a worry for Wales 

Not really. Look at Lewis, Brown, Smith. All had plenty of regional experience and international gametime. And neon of them are up to it. Carre the same. We just don't have talent. 
This is the problem. It’s far too simplistic to blame everything on Pivac. The standard of player coming through is significantly inferior to what it was like a decade ago. Might sound harsh but it’s true. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 6:18pm
Can one of you brainiacs wizard up a pi-chart of blame
apportioning the blame for the decade of doom weve just entered?

Ill take a stab 55% wru (their insane priorities their failure to invest enough into regional/pro rugby/academies, scraping the A team, failing to scour the world for talent n playing and coaching, putting tests on amazon so millions fewer see the welsh team play) building hotels etc), 

15% pivac bizarre decisions, 5% his support team, 15% the academies....10% unforseen circumstances such as the emergence of football as wales national sport....The demise of rugby generally as entertaining and safety concerns ......Atm I find myself watching more football, cricket, darts, boxing, snooker etc
are playing numbers up or down?

sir duckling tuft
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2022 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

Ill take a stab 55% wru (their insane priorities their failure to invest enough into regional/pro rugby/academies, scraping the A team, failing to scour the world for talent n playing and coaching, putting tests on amazon so millions fewer see the welsh team play) building hotels etc), 

15% pivac bizarre decisions, 5% his support team, 15% the academies....10% unforseen circumstances such as the emergence of football as wales national sport....The demise of rugby generally as entertaining and safety concerns ......Atm I find myself watching more football, cricket, darts, boxing, snooker etc

F*** me you must be loaded them sports are all on different channels.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 9:57am
If there's a lack of players coming through across the board then that's largely on the WRU, individual teams can't have any significant influence on things like how much rugby is played in schools and the structure of the pathways, there are things we could do better but the direction needs to be set by the WRU.

I'd agree though that a reasonable amount of blame can sit with Pivac, selections are absolutely all over the place and our reaction to lacking dynamic power last week is to bring in a 34 year old 6 who's never had a carrying game and a 32 year old wing that hasn't played in months.

He then points at AWJ's non 23 selection as looking at options yet keeps Priestland on the bench over Costelow, his rationale has no consistency and seems like he's just making throw away comments.

His dig at the regions of the fitness and form of the players was laughable too; the more time they're with Wales the better they get, well that showed up well against in the last game of the 6 nations against Italy didn't it.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 10:15am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

F*** me you must be loaded them sports are all on different channels.
ahem fire stick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic