Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We're so poor at marketing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 12:33pm
At one of the bars or one of the dedicated food stalls
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 2:33pm
Saves food waste but still rather unacceptable. 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

At one of the bars or one of the dedicated food stalls

Food stall I guess? They have some which serve drinks and also things like sweets etc. Then they have others (which we went to) which serve hot food - chips with curry and various other toppings etc. We were told at one of those that they didn’t have any hot food left in the north
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 4:40pm
Anyone know what the attendance was on Saturday, I cant find anything online?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Seagultaf Seagultaf wrote:

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 4:49pm
I have to say that this fixture was probably a success, commercially. I was delighted to see the barn packed, plus hundreds having a drink and food outside in the sunshine, and to have to almost fight my way through the crowds after FT.
Shame we ran out of food, but it must be hard to get that right. No one wants food waste.

Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Thanks Wasp, do you know how this compares with previous Scarlets v Ospreys derby matches? I recall that the Boxing Day games are frequently a sell out, but how does Saturday’s attendance compare with the non Xmas derby games?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 5:36pm
In October 2018 we got 12,012
In May 2017 we got 13,256.
You have to go back to 2005 for the last time we got less than 10k.

You have to factor in that Ospreys home support fell off a cliff recently. Their home average last season was 5972, which has been declining year on year since 2015. The days of them bringing 5000 away fans are long gone.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 7:16pm
As a person who lives in the swansea valley, there have been huge improvements in the mental health area.. The biggest change I have seen is the lack if tosspreys distress worn... next to polio and stds this has been the biggest improvement in the area,  .....I hope this helps you in understanding the decline in tosspreys membership 

#Happy to helpHandshake
Seagultaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 7:52pm

You have to factor in that Ospreys home support fell off a cliff recently. Their home average last season was 5972, which has been declining year on year since 2015. The days of them bringing 5000 away fans are long gone.

Thanks Wasp, quite a decline in attendance on previous Osprey derby games. Do you think the reduction is due to reduced Osprey traveling support, the game being the opening fixture with little to no build up, current cost of living, or may be a combination of factors?

For me, having this game as the season opener, with no opportunity to build support and enthusiasm in the lead up, must be a factor.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:21pm
Most people in swansea are tagged and have to be in doors by 7pm 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:28pm
For 5.15pm on a Saturday for a local derby that crowd is very, very disappointing. No one can blame the kick off time is bad or it’s on television. No doubt there’ll be some justification though. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

For 5.15pm on a Saturday for a local derby that crowd is very, very disappointing. No one can blame the kick off time is bad or it’s on television. No doubt there’ll be some justification though. 
Crowds are down everywhere in rugby especially England. Even Gloucester and Leicester are struggling to sell-out.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:48pm
I feel your right big j ... we have seen people queueing to see an empty box all week, if people want to come down y Park they will.... but if they don't thats OK as its personal choice.... hopefully with success people will feel the effort is worth while... but its a symbiosis of supporter and team
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 8:57pm

Thanks Wasp, quite a decline in attendance on previous Osprey derby games. Do you think the reduction is due to reduced Osprey traveling support, the game being the opening fixture with little to no build up, current cost of living, or may be a combination of factors?

For me, having this game as the season opener, with no opportunity to build support and enthusiasm in the lead up, must be a factor.
Cost of living
Ospreys have much less support than they used to
We have less support than we used to.
Both us and them are poorer performing teams than we were 5 yrs ago
Loads. As Steff says, crowds are down in England and Wales. People are losing interest and/ or feeling the pinch.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2022 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I feel your right big j ... we have seen people queueing to see an empty box all week, if people want to come down y Park they will.... but if they don't thats OK as its personal choice.... hopefully with success people will feel the effort is worth while... but its a symbiosis of supporter and team
I think we have a lot of work to persuade people we're worth the time, effort and cost after 3.5 seasons of dreadfully underperforming relative to our resources.

We really need some "feel good" wins.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic