Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wru and change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wru and change
    Posted: 21 November 2022 at 11:54am
Interesting debate on twitter today.
Looking at the total mess that Welsh rugby is in , in all aspects of the organisation ...then looking at the football , maybe we could take a leaf out of the FAW / FAC and get rid of the 3 feathers and replace it with the welsh dragon as a rebranding exercise.
I was at the match Saturday and when spending time after the match , there seemed to be a concencus that 
Pivac and his team were useless and he hasn't a clue 
New coaches are needed
Would the coaches succeed with the mess that the regions are in and no players being brought through
That rugby was a boring sport run by a bunch of w@nkers who are only interested in their own benefit system 
The issues with Prince William being anything to do with Wales or Welsh sport

The saddest bit was that these conversations very quickly turned to the point that nothing will change , there is no future in Welsh rugby and most supporters said they will never spend money on international tickets . Then the conversation moved quickly to football , where the outlook was far more positive , with the caveat that Welsh rugby still showed it's subservitude to the English by have the 3 feathers...
The Georgians were brilliant and there were loads of them celebrating their win,but they still hoped we would do well in the world cup...
One other funny point , we were at a stallin the Xmas village..the server  was Iraqi...He hoped that we would win it as he hated Iran because of obvious differences and he hated USA and England as they had bombed his country ...he felt wales was not included as he said , we are pretty much ignored in Westminster unless they want our taxes or our resources ...
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 12:31pm
I left twitter as its soul destroying, full of experts who know better, clever dicks, regional haters, political arguments etc
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 12:37pm
Some people get it don't they. My honest opinion -

Welsh rugby's alway's been beset by the blazer brigade and self interest.

The WRU made a dogs dinner of professionalism. They wanted control but wanted to keep the money men in too. Being neither fully union and centrally controlled (like Ireland) nor wholly privately owned and full stakeholders in their own competitions (like England) has left the regions between two stools. This makes the infighting worse. Go one way or the other. This halfway fudge is hopeless.

The fact that admistration of the professional and community games are so mixed up makes it difficult to ensure fair play for either. Everyone's at each others throats as a result. They really need to be seperated.

The URC needs to be split into two divisions with promotion and relegation. This would lead to a more coherent season and we could aim to ensure as much as possible that the top players are available in all URC games. Also cutting the number of games could improve player welfare and allow teams to reduce squad sizes. Perhaps make things a little more sustainable?

I too dislike the whole royalist aspect of Welsh Rugby. I tend to ignore it. Culturally speaking, I'm far more enthused by Welsh football right now even though I prefer the game of rugby. Kids get the zeitgeist though and right now it's football that's got it. My boy watches the Scarlets but plays football. I suppose folk will always gravitate towards one thing or another ... it's the numbers though isn't it.
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 12:37pm
The badge won’t matter a jot if we keep losing
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I left twitter as its soul destroying, full of experts who know better, clever dicks, regional haters, political arguments etc

It attracts activists and people from the political extremes. I haven't got time for the moral high horse brigade of the self-righteous far left nor the "world's full of woke snowflakes" far right mouthy pub boor crowd either. Give me moderates all day long. At least there's some hope of being able to reason then!
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2022 at 1:25pm
They could wear Joseph's amazing Technicolor dreamcoat and it wouldn't change the mess that is welsh rugby
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic