Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

You're first car...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:08am
Bet you had a hatrick every weekend with those mate.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:18am
Right, after the Humber wagon I briefly had my hands on this beaut.

Roof detachable (not by choice, it just came off at any speed over 20mph)...beautiful grrrr from the engine when you tapped the accelarator (later found to be rust/holes in the pipe)...room for 2 (dwarves) in the back....

At the time I thought the Triumph Herald was classified as a sports car and as a consequence the treacle would be bountiful, on reflection I was mistaken, when the girlfriend at the time gave me the big adios and after the usual 'I want us to be friends stuff...' I asked her did she like the car...she answered, politely to be fair...'No, its beeping disgusting and I felt ashamed every time I sat in it..awful'.

She might have had a point to be fair...the Triumph Herald was consigned to Room 101 soon after..

Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:20am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:24am
to present day and child and dog in tow,so necessity is this..admittedly not with these wheels , but this car and colour and a diesel engine lol.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:29am
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by maldwyn maldwyn wrote:

Originally posted by maldwyn maldwyn wrote:

Should have added that I had chrome rostlye wheels on her.

Jeez Rostlye wheels, you were obviously the man Maldwyn,,,,Big smile my Uncle still has that model of car locked up in his garage and he wont part with it....lovely looking thing though.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Roof detachable (not by choice, it just came off at any speed over 20mph)...beautiful grrrr from the engine when you tapped the accelarator (later found to be rust/holes in the pipe)...room for 2 (dwarves) in the back....

At the time I thought the Triumph Herald was classified as a sports car and as a consequence the treacle would be bountiful, on reflection I was mistaken, when the girlfriend at the time gave me the big adios and after the usual 'I want us to be friends stuff...' I asked her did she like the car...she answered, politely to be fair...'No, its beeping disgusting and I felt ashamed every time I sat in it..awful'.

She might have had a point to be fair...the Triumph Herald was consigned to Room 101 soon after..

Did a course of mechanical engineering on a Herald, bolts in places you cant get your hands in mun....

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 7:56am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Yellow Hillman Imp.... loved it ... kept it for two years

then got a black 1275 GT

Did you have a bag of cement in the boot for handling in the Imp Scarletman..

bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 8:41am
You do me a diservice Zep and Wil thinking I make a joke about everything,I am deeply hurt and upset.
Mind you Zep I bet you looked like the cat who got the cream with that eclair.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2013 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Mister Jolly Mister Jolly wrote:

Mundo: where was that photo of the Interceptor taken?

Maldwyn: V4 motor in that one?
Aye 2000E with a twin choke weber which I used without the air filter to give a better 'note'Embarrassed
Up the bum no harm done.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 5:44pm

This was my beauty, bought in 1988.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 6:06pm

Seemed tasteful in 1988.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 6:08pm

after parting with my much loved A40(including starting handle) my 2nd purchase was a truimph herald wil.Big smile
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 8:20pm
Iesgyrn, I went all international after that and got a Renault 14...what a bag of shyte that was too..!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 8:35pm

Iesgyrn, I went all international after that and got a Renault 14...what a bag of shyte that was too..!
hillman hunter 1725cc off my old man,now that was a flyer,lent it to my sister who had a bump on the way home from work and right offed it.CryCry
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:19am
Great car was the Hunter...Renault 14 didn't last long...briefly bought a Triumph Dolomite Sprint after that...'turbo' flick switch on the gearstick..mmmmarvellous.
Anoher crock of shyte and last 4 months or so.

You can see a trend developing of me not having a Scooby about what constitues roadworthy...nothing different today...put a go faster stripe on a wheelbarrow and I'd make you an offer for it on the spot.

Just plain car twp,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic