Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

R.I.P scarletpimpernel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R.I.P scarletpimpernel
    Posted: 15 September 2021 at 8:07am
 I just heard last night that Roy  had passed away at the age of 52.   He was a regular poster on here  for many years . I first met him in Toulouse  when we won that epic encounter.   Thinking of  his nearest and dearest at this sad time.. Cysgan dawel Roy bach  xx

Edited by LLANDRE - 15 September 2021 at 8:15am
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 8:26am
Sad news indeed. Condolences to his family.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 8:28am
Very sad news, sending thoughts to those close to him.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 8:38am
So sorry to hear that. That's no age. Condolences to his family.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 8:38am
Wow! A bolt from the blue. 

He was someone always worth a read and I’m glad to have known his thoughts if only via Fever.

Condolences to the family and friends. Such an early age.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 8:53am
Very sad to hear this.  I never met him but used to enjoy reading his posts on here. 

Condolences to the family.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 9:05am
Sad news. RIP SP 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 9:06am
Knew Roy for about 30 years. Great guy and rugby mad. Loved his posts on here, said it as it was not afraid of the comebacks. Rip Roy. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 9:15am
I only knew him on social media but I always enjoyed debating with him both on here and Facebook. Always said it as it was. A big loss and my thoughts go out to his friends and family.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 9:17am
So sad to hear about this Martin, had the pleasure of Roy's great company on many Scarlet trips, yes that epic visit to Toulouse being the first, celebrating not only with him at the Stade Ernest-Wallon but all through that evening at Trevor Brenan's bar, where Roy was showering us with champagne, a Great Man, Character and Scarlet. 
So sad, Rest In Peace Roy.
YMA O HYD
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 9:18am
RIP Pimp, never met him in person but well liked by everyone i've spoken to who did.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 9:33am
Sad news indeed - often agreed with him, often didn't, but always worth reading. 

RIP, Pimp.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 10:02am
So sad to hear this. One of the stalwarts here with often very salient posts re the Scarlets. Thoughts are with his family . Such a young man in today’s terms !
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 10:17am
Hi Dai, 
I remember that day/night very well. First away trip! Meet Roy, you and Heather on that trip. 
How are you… 
V sad news and v young. 
Snowflake
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 10:18am
very sad news indeed, deepest condolences to Roys family
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2021 at 10:26am
I never met him and we had some differences on here. However my last correspondence with him was on the pm system and was full of warmth and respect. Which was what I felt about him. I have been missing his contributions on here for a while and that there will be no more is sad.

My condolences to his family and friends.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic