Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supporters Trust Launch Jan 24th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supporters Trust Launch Jan 24th
    Posted: 16 January 2007 at 9:49am

After speaking to a lot of people out in Ulster, it is obvious that the message of what (or who) the Supporters Trust is hasn't got through.

Just to clarify. The Supporters Trust obtained a mandate from the members of the Scarlets present in the open meeting in September to go ahead with its formation.

It is not a clique as anyone is free (and is encouraged) to join and even put themselves up for election to the various posts that are needed.

It is not a fan club. We have no link to the squad and wish to exert no influence over the playing side of things. If anyone wishes to rant about any disappointing performances or players, the Trust is not the place to do it.

It IS a link to the club as we will have regular meetings with the club management who have already been very supportive of our aims. We have met with SG about 5 times already and with HE twice. We are determined to be independent of the management, but recognise the need to have a good working relationship.

It IS a proper legal company (Industrial & Provident) that is registered and has an official address. We are directed by a Government company called "Supporters Direct". Have a look at their website to see what it is all about. http://www.supporters-direct.org/

Many other clubs have Trusts (rugby and football), and these organise discussion between fans and the management in a constructive way. We wish to encourage the regional community to support the Scarlets and facilitate wider involvement as a means of integrating supporters. We will raise funds for the Scarlets - not the first team, but for sundry things such as the Academy and junior teams. Other Trusts have achieved things like paying for physiotherapy equipment, better audio visual for the fans, better seats in the stand etc. In fact, some other Trusts now run their clubs due to severe financial problems (Brentford FC, I think is an example).

We will be looking to move to a new stadium in 2008 (WAG allowing!) and we, the fans, can influence the matchday experience we expect from that new stadium and have our say. The club has been far more responsive to the fans since Richard Jones joined, and he is a big fan himself. The Trust has an excellent rapport with Richard, who has worked tirelessly to give the fans what they want.

We have already formed a board to see us through the launch on January 24th and there will be new elections in September to formalise these positions. Any member of the Trust can put themselves up - indeed, they will be welcomed (it is hard work!).

As for the launch - as I say, it will be on Jan 24th in the Tetley Suite at Stradey (7:30pm). We have had provisional agreement from a few old players and are encouraging others to attend. We hope that Ray Gravell will link the whole evening and there will be raffle and auction for prizes and memorabilia. We are also trying to get Phil to allow some current squad members to be there, but it is difficult due to other committments - but we are hopeful.

The cost to join the Trust was suggested as the cost of our lowest price adult ticket (£15 I believe). We have reduced that by 50% and are asking for just £10. Part of this will go towards a certified share in the "company", renewable annually, and the rest will go towards fundraising. OAPs will be £5 and children £1 (children cannot become shareholders due to legal reasons, hence the nominal cost).

Please DO come along and support the future of your region, in a way that gives you a voice.

If anyone has any questions, then ask here and we will post answers on this thread.

Sponsored Links

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 9:58am

This IS your chance to get involved and get your voice heared in a way which WILL make a difference.

Be a part of the future at the Scarlets, and enhance the the link between the fans and the club, something which has been lacking in the past. 

Come along to the Launch, you'll enjoy the night, and bring your friends as well.

DgembaDgemba View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 11:17am

If we cant make it to the Launch can we still join the trust at a later date?

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 11:58am

Of course DD, Trust membership will be open to everyone at any time, and not restricted in ANY way to those who can get to the Launch.

Make it if you can, but I apppreciate that because of where you live and work it may be difficult for you.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Of course DD, Trust membership will be open to everyone at any time, and not restricted in ANY way to those who can get to the Launch.

Make it if you can, but I apppreciate that because of where you live and work it may be difficult for you.

Thanks

Ill try and finish early to get down there in time

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by DgembaDgemba DgembaDgemba wrote:

Thanks

Noce one DD, (It's even open to Scotsmen)

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by DgembaDgemba DgembaDgemba wrote:

Thanks

Noce one DD, (It's even open to Scotsmen)

thats good i thought i'd have to leave him at the gates again

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2007 at 12:51pm

i'll be there

is it possible for someone to design a poster to download so people can put them up to ensure maximum awareness of it? (in workplaces for example) a simple one would do with brief points on what the trust is.

welshwizzard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 9:29pm
I'll be there
May the Stones be with you
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 9:46pm
We'll be there.
Betterhalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Betterhalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2007 at 9:48pm
I'll come if Abbey sorts out a babysitter!
Seven (well) 7 (of course) - Llanelli 85
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 9:39am
I'll be there to support it, well done to everyone so far. It deserves to succeed.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 12:19pm
Please everyone support this - find out more about the Trust and enjoy what will be an enjoyable and social evening.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 12:35pm

Originally posted by Betterhalf Betterhalf wrote:

I'll come if Abbey sorts out a babysitter!

I'm sure she will, her dad's too busy! 

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 1:05pm

I think what needs to be emphasised is that this is not a clique or a closed little club but is open to everyone - member/season ticket holder or not.

We have just worked to get the Trust off the ground as it seems like a good idea to bring the Scarlets closer to the fans. There is a huge welcome for anyone that wants to get more involved - I can't stress that enough. Several extra people joined the working party that were not involved before the open meeting in September and there will be open elections later this year where anyone can put themselves up for the vote if they want.

Come along on the 24th and see exactly what we are trying to achieve and help us take it forward. Again, this is not a clique.

geordie scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 4:18pm

Would there be a membership fee attached to the trust ?

The fact i live some 400 miles away from Llanelli has its difficulties,however i would be more than willing to contribute to such a good cause.

Toontotown challenges have now raised £101,321 for charity www.toontotown.co.uk

You cant buy Scarlet culture........You have to breed Scarlet culture
Proud member of Herman Tours
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic