Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Thing 2011 Remake

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by Sam Cheese Sam Cheese wrote:

Incorrect Dr M.

As SFevers preeminent sci-fi pedant, I think you'll find "The Thing" is not a remake of "Thing From Another World". Both are films based on a short story called "Who Goes There" by John W Campbell.

<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">Point taken (I'll read Wikipedia more carefully next time Wink). Even so, it means "The Thing (1982)" is the second film to be based upon the same story and to be known by the same title - the same criteria that have been applied within this thread to dub the most recent film a "remake".
<div style="text-align: left; : rgb251, 251, 253; ">

Nomenclature aside, I think SA14 said it best - it often depends on what film you've seen first. If you watch a remake (or the original after the remake) then you will always be comparing it to the other. I watched the more recent Dawn of the Dead first, for example, and didn't think the original was that good. I can completely understand people with the opposite viewing order having a different opinion.

Sadly, I didn't need to read Wikipedia to know about "Who Goes There". The useless sci-fi fact was already in my brain.

God help me.

It's good knowledge. Be a useful addition to any pub quiz team. LOL Dunno what my speciality would be... Red Dwarf and science, probably.
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Keithd Keithd wrote:

I hope they don't ever try and do a remake of Zulu. It's a classic film and stand's the test of time.
They wouldn't get away with doing a remake! Shocked It would be a political correctness field day!!! ConfusedConfusedConfused
All I Want for Christmas is a Win
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic